1st Week of Classes

 Hello, my fellow readers,


   Oh goodness, the first week of classes has ended and it was a week of learning and getting used to the British style of education. First, this week made me miss my theatre professor because she could have ended one of my theatre classes in less than 2 hours and it would still be exciting to return to the next class. The reason for this is that we have a lecture class that would be for 1 hour and then during the day or the next day, we would have seminars for 3 hours. For example, Tuesdays I have a lecture class for 1 hour and a seminar of that lecture class for 3 hours. Wednesdays I would have another seminar, of that same lecture class from Tuesday, for 3 hours but would be free for the day after 12'oclock in the afternoon. Thursdays I would have an hour lecture and a 3-hour seminar all about the same subject that whole day and would come home exhausted, but it is better than my Tuesdays class. 

                                                                

 
This is the Creative Campus. Specifically, Cornerstone Building. Here is where most of the classes would take place and there is a small cafe with a small cafeteria.
                                                           
 
Here is where the theatre will be and some classes but it is mostly where faculty would have their offices.

                                                        

 
The church on campus and this beautiful garden.
                                                            
 
The Entrance to Creative Campus

    Being at Susquehanna University for 2 years now has been very different because the classes I would take would be less than an hour and overseas, having these 3-hour seminars is something that I am not used to and it leaves me wondering about the reasons for these 3-hour seminar classes. Being in these seminars is tiring but I understand that it is so that our tutors can have one-on-one conversations with us as a smaller group; to help us understand our lectures deeper. Anyways, there was that with the whole 3 hour long classes, but from those classes, I actually have found new friends, and they kind of took me into their own friend groups which were nice of them. I felt included and it made me think that I have a nice, good aroma that made people want to take me into their world. I also, felt included in my classes which some of the international students did not get the chance to feel that way and while it is sad, I was able to feel calm knowing that I can talk to people in class without having to make them be my friend. Meaning that not everyone you meet will be your friend but just talking to people can enlighten your day by having a simple conversation. 

    After experiencing for the first time what it is to study differently oversea, I decided, with my friends, to visit Crosby Beach for the first time. Let me tell you the view is beautiful. It was a wonderful experience. Feeling the breeze of the beach and smelling the beach while turning the corner to the boardwalk have been nostalgic. It was very windy that day which made the day very cold, but it was worth it.

                                                        

 
I was amazed by the tall grass. It reminded me of a movie where they would film at the beach.
                                                        
 
This little pathway would end up in a sand-type walkway.
                                                        
 
Got to take a picture with the beach behind me.
                                                        

 
Up close and personal.
                                                        
 
Now, these statues were all over the beach and there was some statue in the water but because the tide was high we couldn't see all of them. I, unfortunately, do not know the history behind the statue or why there are so many on the beach but it was fun to take a selfie with them. 

 
Group Photo

                                                
 
Writing on the sand was a must.

    After walking around the beach and going into town for a walk we went to waterloo and we found a lake called Crosby Lake. We actually did not know that the beach was 15 minutes away from the lake. One would cross this pathway on the lake they would walk up the sandy hill and they are right there on the beach.

                                                    
 
The Entrance
                                                        
 
The Lake View
                                                        
 
Windy
                                                        
 
Love the waves.

    Overall, the day has been wonderful and now the next following week would be another experience of classes and getting into a rhythm of doing my school and focusing on new projects.

        Until next time my fellow readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A More Personal Post and a London Day Trip

Reflection Week

Studying Abroad